Thursday, September 16, 2010

That's why Campbell's Soup is MMM MMM good!

Well, due to this.....









Dinner Wednesday became this....



Church ladies had to be tabled for the evening. Instead, the kitchen was taken over by six layers for a cake, 24 strawberry cupcakes, and two 'experimental' cupcakes.

I find myself fantasizing about a large commercial kitchen with stainless steel countertops and a HUGE marble island...perfect for rolling out fondant! My dreams have changed from a flat stomach and perfectly sculpted guns to a 48-inch refrigerator and large, 'Martha Stewart-meets-Rachael Ray-on the way to see Nate Berkus', labeled farmhouse bins for flour, sugar, and confectioners sugar! Ahhh...an ice cold margarita and a lawn chair and life would be bliss!!

But, alas I am back in the land of reality and the kitchen is huge, but lacks the countertops I'd love to have. I'd love to hear from each of you about which surfaces you think are the best for the heavy amount of cooking that occurs in my house! I am umbillically connected to my appliances, it's just my countertops that I'd like to disown!

Tonight the ladies of St. Mary's are cooking up a lovely dinner including pork chops and another mystery grocery store item I haven't purchased in at least 14 years! Stay tuned!!!

Good eats,
Jill

PS...here's a sneak peak of what's to come in the cake world!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jill. This is just too awesome. Your cake was beautiful. I love the idea of cooking your way through St. Mary's cook book. And..the way you are writing the blogs will keep us all laughing and engaged! Thanks!! Ma

    ReplyDelete